I am so delighted to announce that was I nominated by the lovely Adrian from Adrian Loves Owls for the Liebster award! Thanks a bunch sweet girl!
Here’s a description of the award (taken from Adrian’s page): The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1.Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2.Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3.Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4.Go to their page and tell them
5.No tag backs!
Let me start by telling you 11 things about me:
1. All of my life I’ve been called Marilyn instead of Marlyn. It’s pronounced like Marlene, but it confuses people because of the “Y”. I hardly ever correct anyone anymore.
2. I’ve always loved music. Listening to it, singing it, and playing it (only guitar since I don’t know how to play anything else). I dream of someday starting a band with my hubby and my future kids.
3. I’m a Disney fanatic! I’ve loved Mickey Mouse ever since I can remember, and get extra happy when at the happiest place on Earth.
4. I’m addicted to Coke (the kind you drink). I’m planning on getting sober pretty soon.
5. I love Mexican candy and sour candy…. and Hot Cheetos. (Man, I really need to get on a diet!)
6. I just graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting…. and I am currently looking for employment. (Just in case any of you can hook me up with a job. ;P)
7. I love taking photos! I take pictures of everything (as you can tell on my Instagram).
8. I love getting crafty! I am planning on learning how to sew soon. My mom is going to teach me… she’s the sewing guru. I also sell my handmade bows at Little Red Bowtique if you wanna check ’em out! 🙂
9. I’ve lived in California all of my life, and I love it! I don’t plan on ever leaving this place.
10. I love my family! They are my world.
11. I love dressing up! Sometimes I dress up even when I have nowhere to go. Like now.
Okay, Now on to Adrian’s Questions:
1.When did you start blogging and what keeps you going?
I started my blog around 2010, but just committed to it recently. I don’t plan on being a bad blogger anymore. My blog abandoning days are over!
2.If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
I could live anywhere I would live in London. I’ve never been there, but I’ve fallen in love through pictures. My husband got to go for one of his deployments and he talks about it all the time. We plan on visiting one day! Hopefully sooner than later!
3.Do you collect anything?
I collect vinyls, cameras, and owls.
4.Do you have any pet peeves?
I do! I hate people being noisy in movie theaters. I even get mad at myself when I make too much noise! 😛
5.Do your coworkers know that you have a blog?
I don’t have any co-workers at the moment, but I hope I can share my blog with them whenever I do have any! 🙂
6.Has anyone recognized you from your blog?
Not yet. Hopefully one day.
7.What are a few of your favorite blogs?
I love A Beautiful Mess, Adrian Loves Owls, Lala faux bois, Beth Retro, Sewsavoirfaire, and Oh So Lovely Vintage! You all are my blog-spirations! I would love to know any of your favorite blogs as well! 🙂
8.Would you rather walk barefoot through a hallway full of cockroaches or eat one cockroach?
Ewwww… This is a hard one. I would probably walk through a hallway full of cockroaches…. or run!
9.If you could only pick one shoe to wear for the rest of your life, which shoes would it be?
I love all of my shoes, but I would pick my yellow rubber flats! They are my old faithfuls.
10.How much time do you spend doing your makeup?
Around 15-20 minutes.
11.What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I would say that reading comments is my favorite. Comments make me smile! 🙂
Now Here are my questions for my Liebster ladies:
1. Who/what is your blog-spiration?
2. What is your favorite band?
3. What are your favorite blogs?
4. If you could go on a shopping spree at any store, what store would you choose?
5. If you could live in any other era, what era would you live in?
6. What’s your favorite food?
7. If you could be a cartoon, what cartoon would you be?
8. What do you love the most about blogging?
9. What is your favorite print? (polka dots, stripes, florals, etc.)
10. If you could wear one outfit everyday, which outfit would you choose?
11. What is your favorite animal?
Now I am tagging 11 of you ladies! I am new to this wonderful blogging community, but so far I have ran into a few sweet ladies that I think fit the description of sweet, kind, nice, dear, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
I couldn’t see the follower count on a few of your blogs and I wasn’t sure if you had 200 followers or more, but I decided to tag anyway because you gals are great and I love your blogs! Thanks for sharing all of your lovely posts with me and for stopping by and reading mine! Means a whole lot to me!